Sunday, October 17, 2004

Indiana, where it is cold (27,600 miles)

Happy Sunday to you all,

It is very cold here. How is it there?

I left Texas on Thursday morning. It was a sunny autumn day, brisk but not too-brisk. By the time I got to Little Rock, Arkansas and got out of the car to get gas, I needed my coat and gloves. By the time I stopped in Illinois, I wouldn't have felt overdressed with my hat and scarf. Brrr. I'm not sure what possessed me to plan a midwestern/east coast tour in the fall/winter months, but I'm sure whatever it was that possessed me will not keep me warm as I shiver from city to city. Blasted possession.

I'm probably exaggerating. It's actually beautiful here. I'm staying with my friend Heather for the next two weeks in Whiteland, IN, a suburb of Indianapolis. Heather's house will be my hub as I play shows in IN, IL, and OH. Her giant, adorable German Shephard, Kohl, would be more than happy to be my canine blanket if I am ever that cold, so rest assured I won't freeze to death.

I drove almost 1,000 miles in one day to get here (and then drove 400 miles the next day to Evansville and back). I am not sure if that's an accomplishment to be proud of or not, but I am, especially since I wasn't drowsy, not even once. It's just a shame that 90% of the drive was in the rain, because I really wanted to see the leaves changing. But it turns out that is in full swing here in Indiana, so I needn't have worried.

I had a show on Friday in Evansville, IN, with the lovely and super-talented Shelley Miller from Chicago. We are playing at least 2 more shows together, which I am really looking forward to. We played at the Penny Lane Coffeehouse, run by the fabulously friendly Heidi and Paul Krause. If you are ever in Evansville, go there and get a chocolate chip cookie (dipped in chocolate, I might add). They have a great place and kind hearts to boot.

Next show: Louisville, KY with Heidi Howe, Oct 19th. Please tell the folks in Kentucky I'm on my way (and I expect it to be warmer there, darn it).
a presto,
vanessa

1 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

all the talk of cold and coats reminded me of little Randy from the bb gun christmas story where his is bundled to the eyeballs and is looks like a water balloon about to burst. seen any snow yet? tell heather hello for me.
love,
j

 

Post a Comment

<< Home