Friday, November 18, 2005

i hang my head in shame

as i think about how long it has been since i have posted. my little sister has posted a comment asking for an update....but nothing of note has happened....or at least nothing i noted. but when i am in the middle of booking a tour and finishing the writing of an album, i notice very little.

december and january will be busy months for me...i will be in the states for 6 weeks, will play at least 15 shows, finish the acoustic EP, Blackout, and start recording for Little Films. I am going to do the same thing for Little Films that I did with Thin Thread...there will come the day again in which I beg for sponsorship as we try to complete our first album recorded completely in a studio not our own...we are turning over the reins to the more-than-capable Salim Nourallah, but this will require turning over the pocketbook and the pen, so to speak.

I need to take a few pictures....after a month, the fog over Castiglion has lifted. Positioned as we are in the valley, trapped by the foothills of the Apennines, we are in a lovely little area of the world...except when the fog arrives. Once it arrives, it takes a northwesterly wind of gross proportion to blow it out of town. Today, the temperature dropped to freezing and the fog finally took its leave of us.

it's olive and grape picking time again! and baking time! i have turned into a baking machine. the students at santa chiara are missing home, and my kitchen is providing relief...between strawberry orange muffins, my famous chocolate chip cookies, and full-band concerts at the Velvet, they are all much happier, or so they say. I am thinking of making cookies to give away with every purchase of a CD this holiday season. What do you think?

Speaking of that....if you email me to order CDs and mention this blog entry, you can have 3 CDs for $25, including shipping to wherever in the world you please. I'll even wrap 'em up real nice for ya. :) Tee shirts are still available in M and L through www.castori.com.

Lastly...if you need a musician at your house this holiday season, email me! We have a few house concerts set up already throughout the state, but I am never averse to having more shows to play.

kisses from the land of the cold cold wind,
vanessa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home