Tuesday, October 18, 2005

house concerts, oh how we love house concerts!

hey gang,
just a word of thanks to my awesome Austin (and San Antonio!) fans who came out to the house concert on Friday night. i had such a great time - thanks to all of you who bought CDs, tees, and contributed to the gas fund. :) also, thanks to my fantastic hosts, Dustin and Kim, Bob and Gerri, and Stephanie and Josh...you guys rock. And MANY thanks to those of you who asked for recordings of the news songs...that vote of confidence was much appreciated. :)

and in that spirit...tomorrow I go to the studio of the fantabulous Salim Nourallah.... his studio is Pleasantry Lane and I hope to create many pleasantry things there. In truth, I know not yet what will be on this acoustic EP...just that something will. a few of the songs I am considering:

little films, such good actors, signposts, bonnie and clyde, amelia, if i stay, blackout, restless traveler, love story, june 2005 revisited, this riddle, no sense.

it is good to have so many to choose from...yet hard to choose. some of those songs will also be on the full-band full-length album Little Films, to be released in 2006...

if you feel like voting for a song to make it on the EP (or the full-length, for that matter), post a comment here, or drop an email at good ol' info @ vanessapeters com etc.....

i just saw "moonstruck" with my mom...it was my first time to see it, and it was even funnier in light of my adopted italian citizenship. when Cher's grandpa is crying and his son asks him what is wrong, and he says, "I'm confused!" ... I can relate. that was greatness.

okay, onto bed, then the studio, then the open road!
vanessa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home