Thursday, July 07, 2005

in search of strudel once more

guten sera,
which would be german and italian together, meaning good evening, although of course that isn't actually a phrase, just a late night invention from my sleepy, fog-smeared brain. i am off to bed because i have to rise with the sun and board a train headed to trento, italy, where i will disembark 8 hours later and promptly board a bus headed to canazei, a tiny town in the middle of the Dolomites, otherwise known as the Italian alps, where me and two of my girlfriends are headed off to go camping for a few days. i was using german and italian together because that area of italy, known as the Tirol, was a part of Austria until not so long ago, and in some parts of the Tirol, you are actually hard-pressed to find Italian speakers. i have never been much of a camper, even though i love the outdoors, so it will be interesting to see how we three fare. Alex speaks German and Neotha is a outdoorsy Colorado girl, so surely between the three of us we will keep our heads above water. we'll see. really I am just looking forward to the change in cuisine and the ever-present hope that a strudel awaits me somewhere.

my thoughts and prayers are with my friends in the UK right now. my congratulations are with my little sister, who will be Midlothian High's new high school history teacher next year.

aufwiederschen,
vanessa

1 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I got a "shout out" on the blog. Midlothian's newest, coolest history teacher, indeed. Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home