Wednesday, December 08, 2004

dust bunnies and a plea to the stars for alignment

hello lovely readers,
i am sitting at the desk of someone who is at home with the flu. egads. let me start over.
i am home for the holidays (Dallas home), working on getting everything ready for the new album, the January tour, and the move back to Italy in February. In the midst of that, I am temping from time to time. Today I find myself at Deustche Bank in downtown Dallas, sitting at the keyboard of the receptionist who went home today with the flu. When I showed up they handed me disinfectant wipies to clean off my workspace. Scary. I just noticed there are little cobwebs of dust in between every key on this keyboard. Probably the flu is there, weaving its little influenza self in and out of every dust mite. I have 2 shows this week; I hope I survive.

My job is this:
"Deutsche Bank Alex Brown." "Yes, please hold."
That's it. That's all I have to do. That's why I am writing you.

The new album is stressing me out (how could it be otherwise?). I sincerely hope and pray that it is ready in time for the first show. If not, so be it - but it sure would be nice. I am very tempted to upload some of the graphics to the blog to give you a sneak peak...but I am trying to cling to the element of surprise. We'll see how long I can hold off...I've never been good at keeping surprises....and there are so many to keep...the album design, the t-shirt design, stickers, buttons, lions, oh my. You can still pre-order if you'd like - just head to the site and click away. All methods of payment accepted.

If you know anyone who works in press or media and think they would like to write a story about a little girl from Texas bringing her kickass band across the ocean to play shows with her to celebrate their CD release...then let me know. Or let them know about me. We're really trying to drum up good crowds and lots of press for this tour.

Let's see, what else. I just finished reading "Wicked" not too long ago. It's basically the story of the Wicked Witch of the West, told from her point of view. It's a really interesting novel about political spin, spirituality, and the walls we put up around ourselves. Good times.

Other than stressing about the CD, it's been good to be home and in one place for a while. I've been hanging out with one of my little sisters, who is, fortunately, the coolest 14-year-old I know. We made friendship bracelets the other day. We also took the dogs for a walk. We have two German Shephard/Australian Blue Heeler mixes, brother and sister and completely out of control. Sweet and way too full of energy. They dragged us through suburbia for about 20 minutes, crazed and on the hunt for who knows what. After one crushed Christmas lawn decoration and one near-attacking of a Chihuahua we decided it was probably time to head on home. That was the high point of my week - that, and doing most of my Christmas shopping online and earning 1,500 airline miles in the process. I'm well on my way to my second free ticket to Italy...yeehaw.

So. I had better go in case someone needs me to say "Deutsche Bank Alex Brown" anytime soon. Yeah, okay. If you are the kind who writes wishes or prayers on little scraps of paper and seals them in a bottle...will you put one in for Thin Thread's timely arrival? Thank you kindly.
baci,
vanessa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home